Wednesday, April 6, 2011

365 Movies Day #4 "Zero Effect"



This is a film that has stuck with me since I randomly picked it up from the video store back when I was in college. Bill Pullman plays neurotic super sleuth Darrel Zero who is brilliant, but a total sociopath. He communicates to the world through his assistant, played affectionately by Ben Stiller. Basically, this film reminds me of "Super", "Kick Ass" and "Defendor" and all the real life super hero flicks out there today...except done 13 years ago.

Odd little tidbit I discovered in looking on imdb about the film. Director Jake Kasdan (also responsible for "Orange County" and "Walk Hard" apparently put together a TV pilot for NBC that was never picked up back in 2002 starring Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler from "X2" ). I always wanted to see more from the Zero character, but not sure what it would be like without Pullman in the lead.

ZERO EFFECT ON IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment