Wednesday, April 6, 2011

365 Movies Day #1 "The Prodigy"



Would you like to see a film put together with blood, sweat, tears and a few bucks that rivals nearly all the action crap out there today? What about a film that I akin to "Jason Vorhees...if he were special operations"? Then you need to check this flick out.

I first saw this film while looking for independent filmmakers to connect with on myspace. My dear friend Wendy Shepherd turned me on to Texas filmmaker Will Kaufman. I bought it at Wal-Mart when it was released and was blown away. When you hear indy and action in the same sentence you don't expect much. This film rocked. Since then, I've got to meet with so many folks that were involved with this film including Will, Holt Boggs (finally worked together on "Cut!"), Matt Beckham, Mark Hanson (the lead on "Cut!") and so many others.

Thanks to the wizardry of Ron Balicki, this film has some of the most epic and brutal fight scenes and gun battles ever captured on film. Definitely check this film out. You won't be disappointed.
THE PRODIGY ON IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment