Tuesday, April 19, 2011

365 Movies Day #21 "Ink"



Facebook buddy Paul Damon's profile pic reminded me of this film. It's one I lucked into awhile back on netflix view instantly, perhaps after soliciting films from facebook again. I can't remember. Anyway, this one is a great little flick that didn't get nearly the attention it deserved.

Basically there are two forces that exist in the land of sleep. There are protectors and beings of light and evil nightmare shades. One man is driven to a connection with his daughter over a battle between these creatures. Fight scenes are amazing with some of the most creative filming I've seen. The nightmare shades are also originally creepy. The namesake for the film, Ink, is exceptionally cool as well.

Imdb says if you like Donnie Darko, Dark City and Pan's Labyrinth, you'll dig this...and I think IMDB is right on the money.

INK ON IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment