Tuesday, April 12, 2011

365 Movies Day #14 "Darfur"



I am incredibly surprised by this one. I'm sitting here late and pulled up a "stupid Uwe Boll" movie on netflix to poke fun at and was instead left heartbroken. In the end I wanted it to be a dumb movie with visual effects as stunningly horrible as "Bloodrayne". I wanted the violence to be cartoon stupid and the characters flacid and dumb. I wanted plot holes the size of the Titanic. Instead, the most horrifically wonderful display of genocide ever captured on camera. Wonderful in it's effect to move the audience. I was treated to the grandest acts of heroism I've seen on film since the two snipers rescued the downed pilot in "Blackhawk Down". Noah Danby, David O'Hara and Hakeem Kae-Kazim were just fantastic.

Hats off to Uwe Boll for this one.

DARFUR ON IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment