Sunday, June 19, 2011

365 Movies Day #82 "Lord of Illusions"



Yesterday, I promised to share another movie from about the time "IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS" came out that really freaked me out. Here it is. Brought to you from the demented mind of Clive Barker. I heard once upon a time that all of his ideas come from nightmares. It's amazing the man ever sleeps.

Scott Bakula plays detective Harry D'Amour, a private detective hired to protect popular stage magician, Philip Swann (Kevin J O'Connor) from a dangerous cult. Along the way, the descent into madness and dangerous forces at work reveal that not all is what it seems. Daniel Von Bargen is chilling as cult leader Nix. Even listening to his voice in the trailer sent shivers up my spine. Also an early film for Famke Janssen. Another fun fact is that this film features actor Wayne Grace, who made a brief but memorable appearance in previously mentioned "MIDNIGHT CLEAR" AND he and I worked together on the film "Coyote County Loser" in which I played the title role. Wayne is a class act and an amazing actor.

LORD OF ILLUSIONS ON IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment