Tuesday, June 14, 2011

365 Movies Day #77 "They Live"



"When I was little, my mamma taught me to do two things: chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum". What happens when aliens invade our planet, live among us and control us through subliminal messaging. Keith David and Roddy Piper get together, beat the hell out of each other and then kick some alien ass. That's what!

While a remake of this film makes more sense than "Total Recall" or "The Crow", I definitely don't see the need and think that a remake will miss out on all the fun we had with David and Piper. One of Carpenter's finest and that is saying something. Definitely won't be the last you hear about Carpenter on my blog, but it definitely deserves to be the first.

OBEY...

THEY LIVE ON IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment