Saturday, June 18, 2011

365 Movies Day #81 "In the Mouth of Madness"



Do you read Sutter Cane? This is another one of those great films that when I ask, "Have you seen this?", the reply is sadly, "No". It's John Carpenter for God's sake! Sam Neill stars as John Trent who is on the hunt for missing hit horror author (a la King and Koontz, Sutter Cane. What follows is Cthuluesque/Lovecraftian fun time that freaks me out every time I watch it. There were two films right about this time that came out and just freaked me out. I'll talk about the other tomorrow.

Featuring the always talented Jurgen Prochnow as Cane (you'll hear him mentioned again when we get to film 100), Hayden Christensen (as a paperboy), papa Luthor (John Glover) and Charlton Heston. I still get chills when I think of this movie. One of the coolest endings to a film EVER. If you haven't seen this, rush out and get it.

IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS ON IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment