Saturday, October 22, 2011

365 Movies Day #185 "Gleaming the Cube"



When I was a kid, Christian Slater was my freaking hero. I still hold a lot of respect for the man as one of the suavest actors around. So far he hit the blog in the other day's "MINDHUNTERS", but it was films like "Gleaming the Cube", "Heathers" and "Pump Up the Volume" that made him so awesome to me.

I was a skateboard punk when I was younger. So much so that I never learned to ride a bicycle. So "Gleaming the Cube" was like an anthem to me. In the story, Slater's adopted brother stumbles upon something he shouldn't have and is murdered. It falls to Slater and his skate rat buddies to circumvent the system and avenge his brother's death.

Veteran actors like Steven Bauer("The Beast", "Scarface", "Primal Fear") and Charles Cyphers ("Halloween", "Escape from New York" and even "Methodic" with my buddy BRANDON SLAGLE) round out a decent cast that also boasts skate legends like Tommy Guerrero and uber-famous skate icon Tony Hawk.

GLEAMING THE CUBE ON IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment